Best coffee table for sectional sofa: Top 10 reviews for you to choose from!
Firstly, why should we discuss coffee tables specific to sectional sofas? What's the big deal?
If you’ve read many of our articles before, you’ll know we’re a technical and precise bunch when it comes to furniture. Not all couches are built the same way or are meant for the same purposes. So not every great coffee table will actually look great with just any couches. In another post, we’ve listed out the different types of seating furniture available for you to buy and we go on to discuss how choose the best coffee table for recliner sofas. We want to have a similar discussion here. We want to help you pick out the best coffee table for sectional sofa in your living room.
In summary, let’s talk about the current broadest way in which seating furniture is usually classified. We’ll be discussing big seating furniture, meaning let’s exclude single seat items like love-seats, ottoman seats, all stools, armchairs and the like: There are two types:
- Couches or sofas: While historically different, today we use the terms “couch” and “sofa” inter-changeably. They are a single piece of sitting furniture usually made to seat 2 to 3 people. More commonly seen in smaller apartments and condos as compact sized are more easily available.
- Sectionals: A more modern day concept, sectionals are multiple full-and-part sofas joined together to seat a larger number of people. They naturally take up more space and are more common in detached and semi-detached houses as well as larger apartments.
Types of sectional sofas
Wouldn’t it be lovely if that’s where the ‘types of seating furniture’ ended? But yeah you guessed it. It doesn’t. People’s taste in furniture has evolved, manufacturing technology has advanced. Old popular has become the new normal and contemporary minimalism has become the new popular. Like with any product you’d like to buy, there is a seemingly infinite variations to choose from. Let’s take a look at the sub-types of sectional sofas that are currently hot and new:
1. Sectionals with a chaise
2. L-shaped sectionals
3. U-shaped sectionals
4. R-shaped sectionals (hah! kidding)
5. Pitted sectionals (not kidding, we promise)
6. Semi-circular sectionals
7. Convertible sectionals
8. Cocktail sectionals
9. Recliner sectionals
10. And potentially some more to be invented between the writing and reading of this post
You get where we’re going with this. If you want your living room to be the model your friends and family take after (we know you do!), you don’t want to go buy just any great coffee table for your living room. You’ve got to buy an item that is color matched, size matched, material matched AND height+flexibility+utility matched.
The best coffee table for sectional sofa will take into account:
- the material of the sectional, fabric or leather
- the amount of space available (counter-intuitively, big sectionals often enjoy less open space)
- does this Batman need a Robin? Think side tables, end tables, small ottomans to compliment etc.
Coffee table for sofa sectional made from fabric
Natural or synthetic fabric sectionals are all the rage these days. They have the benefit of being able to be sleek and modern, unlike traditional leather sectionals that are usually large and bulky-looking. This in turn means you’re seated lower to the ground and have easier access to whichever coffee table you choose.
Such sectionals would work well with coffee tables that are:
– Modern and minimalist. You could try more unique coffee table designs
– Low-to-the ground coffee tables are feasible options too, and you have some stunning choices in those
– For lighter color fabric, you could go all out in terms of color choice. Complimentary colors would brighten up the living room, matching colors are always a good idea.
– For dark color fabric you may want to be a bit conservative and choose similar color themed coffee tables
Do browse through some of the options we have reviewed below and pick a great coffee table for sectional sofa made from fabric:
- One of the smartest looking tables you’ll lay ever your eyes on
- Ultra sleek, modern design. Gets perfect LRT score
- Steel top!
- Oak wood
- White ash wood color available as well
- Some brick and mortar stores will sell at well over 4-figures
- No bottom shelf for people who prefer so
LRT score: 10/10
- Metal frame, mix ofnew and reclaimed solid wood. Very chic
- Very versatile color and size, would go great with sofa or sectional, leather or fabric.
- Two other sizes available from the seller, more choices for you!
- Easy to assemble
- None, this is one of our favorites on the page!
LRT score: 9/10
- Extremely high end with original retail price of $900
- MDF wood top with taupe finish
- Liquids and stain proof, washable top
- Solid high quality wood frame
- Very easy to assemble
- Not for people who strongly prefer rectangular coffee tables
LRT score: 9/10
Coffee table for sofa sectional made from leather
Traditionally, couches and sectionals made from leather have been most popular. That trend is swiftly changing towards fabric but leather is not going anywhere. It has a strong fan-base and they’ll tell you the comfort and firmness of leather is incomparable to what any fabric could provide. They have a valid point. Plus, leather is able to exude an elegance and Bond-villain quality that fabric probably couldn’t.
Such leather sectional sofas need coffee tables that are:
– higher off the ground, not the low-to-the-floor kind as they would be difficult to reach
– in the same color family as the couch (complimentary colors don’t often work with leather)
– non-minimalist in design (given a leather recliner is as non-minimalist as it gets)
We have some top-notch options below for you to select from:
- A rare perfect LRT score product. Not to be missed
- Handcrafted. Real cast iron and mango wood used
- Tons of storage, lots of utility
- Great color theme, would go well in most living rooms
- None, we promise. Just look at it!
LRT score: 10/10
- A very handsome brown overall color. Would go match most living rooms
- A good balance between modern and rustic, would go great with leather as well as fabric
- Good usable size, bottom shelf
- Several colors available with the same seller
- Some, not all buyers reported time taken to assemble
- Not solid wood, only wood finished, expected at this price
LRT score: 8/10
- Good height, round, perfect for leather sectionals
- Sturdy metal frame, top good to hold 300 lbs!
- Metal shelf, extra strong, can bear heavy weights
- Easy to assemble
- Not solid wood, just wood finished (expected at this price point)
LRT score: 8/10
Coffee table for large vs medium-sized sectionals
You have to think about the space available for the coffee table. That’s obvious. But what’s sometimes counter-intuitive is medium sized coffee tables go better with larger sectionals. An average sectional will occupy a large square footage in your living room, and even if you have more space to spare, you don’t want to pick a large coffee table as it would likely protrude out of the general area and may not be aesthetically the best-looking package.
Speaking in real terms:
– A sectional with a chaise or a small-ish L-shaped sectional will leave a larger area open for a good-sized coffee table
– A U-shaped sectional in an apartment would leave room for a medium-to-small coffee table within the space of the sectional. A round coffee table would leave more space to move about than a rectangular one.
– A fairly large spread out U-shaped sectional in a house or a large condo could still accommodate a good-sized any-shaped coffee table
Our overall design recommendation is to stay around the medium sized or smaller coffee table range when it comes to sectionals. It’d look proportionate to the eye and would optimally use space, leaving you to walk around comfortably. Regular couches have a lot more space to play with and we let them place large coffee tables
Browse through some truly exceptional options we’ve curated for you below from a wide variety of sellers
- A rare, versatile and breath-taking piece with a perfect LRT score
- Solid high quality mango wood and metal used. As upscale as it gets
- Modern, sleek lift top convenience, shelf storage and hidden storage.
- A wide selection of colors and sizes offered by the seller
- Be ready to receive frequent compliments from guests
- Absolutely none.
LRT score: 10/10
- Solid and sturdy, built with quality parts and wood
- Massive, very usable storage adds to the utility
- Rustic farmhouse look, would look great in most living rooms
- Seller offers a few other color combinations as well. Click image to browse
- Far easier to assemble than it looks
- We’re nitpicking here but lack of open shelf for display books?
LRT score: 9/10
Go outside the box, think 'ottoman' for your sectional
Let’s think outside the box here for a moment. Should we be looking at anything other than a coffee table for sectional sofa in your living room? Yeah we gave away the answer in the title but its an ottoman! They are such a phenomenal piece of furniture, the holy grail of good looks and excellent utility. We published an entire article comparing coffee tables and ottomans. Check it out for in-depth analysis of both and help in choosing one over the other!
We’re happy to show you some high quality ottoman options right here real quick:
You can see how many variables and decisions go into figuring out the best coffee table for recliner sofa. Hopefully we’ve given you enough ideas on how to decide and more importantly, a plethora of plethora of options on this page to choose from. We wish you all the fun and relaxation on your recliners! Please reach out to us if we can be of more help and we’ll be happy to.
We love that you’re curious enough to be reading our fine print! At ‘Living Room Things’, we love to constantly research and learn new trends about living room furniture and share it with the world. You will have noticed links across our pages that take you to external websites. Some of these links are known as affiliate links, which means we could earn a small commission if you end up purchasing products or services from those external websites. We only direct you to businesses whose products and services we have tried and tested thoroughly and we completely assure you of their reliability and legitimacy. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This small revenue stream helps us to continue doing what we do, that is keep connecting great products and services to people like you. If you decide to make a purchase through one of our links, please accept our deepest gratitude and know that you have helped us and all our future readers!